How to get a site online and have it making money
When building and getting a site online you have to think of a number of things. Some of these include the following:
1. What is your site going to be about.
If you want to get a site online to make money then you need to do some good research before you choose what your site is going to be about. This is because there is no point in you choosing a topic for your site where other people have no interest in. If no one has any interest in the topic of your site then you will find it very had to get a good amount of visitors to your site. So the best thing to do is to choose a topic that is likely to interest a large number of people and is also likely to make you some good revenue online.
2. What web hosting provider are you going to choose to host your site with.
Choosing the right Web hosting provider is very important when choosing it to host your site. This is because there is no point in choosing a Web hosting provider that is likely to be unreliable just because it is cheap or just because you don t know enough about it. The article at:http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/a00033/854.html gives you a better idea on how to choose a good Web hosting provider to host your site with.
3. How can you add more content to your site.
Once you have your site up and running, you will then need to think of ways of making your site bigger and also updating your sites content on a regular basis so that your visitors don t get bored of your site and so that they will have a reason to keep visiting your site on a regular basis. Some ways of adding content to your site could include the following:
· You could add some free reprint able articles to your site that is on the same topic as your site. You can find well over 800 reprint able articles at: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/articledir.php
· You could add some free to play games on your site so it becomes stickier. You can find a load at: http://www.miniclip.com
· You could add a forum to your site so people can keep informed of current events and updates on your site and also chat amongst each other. You can find some good forum scripts at: http://www.hotscripts.com where some of these are free with the GPL.
4. How are you going to earn from your site.
Once you have built your site and have found a good web host to host your site with, you will then need to think about how you are going to earn from your site.
If you are selling your own products or offering your own services, you may also want to add a few affiliate programs to your site so that you can produce a little extra income from these programs as well as earning the money from selling your own products or offering your own services. You can find well over 800 affiliate programs at: http://www.affiliateseeking.com. These include pay per click programs, pay per lead programs, two-tiered programs, pay per impression programs, residual income programs and more.
5. How are you going to promote your site to get visitors.
Now that you have your site up and running with maybe a few affiliate programs included within your sites content, you will now need to promote your site so that you can start getting noticed on the Web. The article at: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/a00000/197.html gives you some of the best ways of getting visitors to your site.
Once you have done the above five things, you should now have your own site online. The amount of visitors that your site will receive and the amount of money you will make from your site will all depend on the amount of work and effort you put into your site. The more work you do with your site, the more money you are likely to make.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR :
Jonathan White has been involved in Web Hosting and other Webmaster activities on the Web for over two years now and is the Webmaster of http://www.1hostseeking.com - a categorized Web hosting directory listing a large amount of Web hosting providers.
Back to articles Directory
Copyright © 2004 Web World directory