Top 20 Ways to Build Trust
by Leva Duell
Trust is essential for Internet success. Follow these tips to keep prospects coming back, win their trust, and increase your online sales.
1. Obtain your own domain name.
2. Pay for hosting.
3. Send a clear message about who you are and how you do business.
4. Mention how long you've been in business.
5. Include your name and business name.
6. Make it easy to contact you. Provide a phone number, 800 number, email address, and street address.
7. Answer your email.
8. Focus on your customers. Provide benefits.
9. Provide valuable information.
10. Update your web site frequently.
11. Use correct spelling.
12. Make your web pages easy to read and navigate, fast loading, and professional looking.
13. Check your web site for broken links and missing images.
14. Boost credibility with testimonials.
15. Overcome buyer resistance with a money-back guarantee.
16. Make purchasing easy.
17. Make your order form easy to find.
18. Provide several ordering options, including ordering online, by phone, fax, email, and regular mail.
19. Make buyers feel secure by using a secure server for credit card purchases.
20. Accept credit card payments.
Does your web site inspire confidence? Check your web site with these tips in mind. Correct the problems. It will pay off in sales and profits.
This article is excerpted from Inside Secrets to Developing a Profitable Web Site. Visit http://www.profitablewebstrategies.com/ebook.htm for more info.
Back to Articles Directory
Copyright © 2002-2003 Web World Index